1. Initial Phone Consultation: this is free for new clients
2. Booking Form: prior to the commencement of a new project or set of tasks, a booking form will be completed and signed by both parties. It contains details of the tasks, including: agreed rate or payment package, deadline for the completion of work and all other particulars relating to the specific tasks. This signed document indicates the client’s acceptance of Sofiasticated VA & Web Design’s terms and conditions contained herein.
3. Returned work to the client will be by standard Royal Mail (hard copy, CD, DVD or memory stick as applicable) or by email as agreed. If the client prefers a courier service, this can also be arranged. Postage, consumables and courier charges are charged at cost to the client.
4. Timescale: a suitable timescale will be agreed upfront by both parties.
5. Changes: should a client’s original requirements change, Sofiasticated VA & Web Design may amend the original quotation, following consultation with the client first.
6. Sofiasticated VA & Web Design reserves the right to refuse to undertake any work which is believed to be unethical, unlawful or outside of our skill-set.
7. Sofiasticated VA & Web Design reserves the right to amend the cost of the provision of services at any time by giving the client one month’s notice in writing.
8. Pay as you go hourly services: invoices are payable within 7 days of the invoice date. Invoices will be sent by email to the client (unless otherwise requested by the client to send by mail). Invoices will be sent on a weekly basis.
9. There are several payment options: BACS, bank transfer, online banking (account details will be provided), cheque or cash.
10. For pre-payment package clients – an invoice will be sent upon confirmation of the “time bundle” package booked for payment at the commencement of the service.
11. Should any payment fail, the client will be liable for all related charges.
12. The hourly pay as you go rate will be billed in 15 minute increments, with time rounded up to the nearest quarter of an hour. The minimum invoice amount is one hour.
13. For first time pay as you go hourly clients, a 50% deposit will be required up front for your first project/set of tasks.
14. Pre-payment packages: an invoice will be sent to the client upon confirmation of the first required “time bundle” package. For ongoing “time bundle” packages, subsequent invoices are then sent to the client 14 days before the beginning of each month and must be paid on the 1st of each month (or the nearest working day to the
1st) by standing order. Any additional charges for consumables or additional hours worked will be shown on the client’s following month’s invoice and are also payable on the 1st of each month. Additional hours will only be worked if pre-arranged between the client and Sofiasticated VA & Web Design and will be charged at the discounted hourly rate of the client’s chosen package.
15. Late Payment: Overdue payment will be subject to a 10% late payment fee during the first 30 days and an additional 10% will be levied for every 7 days subsequent to that whilst the payment remains overdue. In the event that payment is not received after 10 weeks from the due date, we will instruct our legal department to handle matters, for which clients may incur additional fees.
16. Sofiasticated VA & Web Design will not, at any time, either directly or indirectly, divulge, disclose or communicate in any manner, any information that is propriety to the client, unless specifically requested to do so by the client or obliged to by law.
17. All information and data will be treated with the strictest confidence and will not be used for the personal benefit of Sofiasticated VA & Web Design. This stipulation will continue after the termination of any Contract or Agreement.
18. A copy of completed tasks will be held by Sofiasticated VA & Web Design for 6 months, unless the client requests otherwise.
19. Any documents containing personal financial details belonging to the client or the client’s clients will be destroyed four weeks after completion and payment of the tasks or project.
20. If required by the client, Sofiasticated VA & Web Design would be happy to sign any non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement.
21. Sofiasticated VA & Web Design cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to data or equipment relating to projects or tasks, during transit to/from and within its premises.
22. Sofiasticated VA & Web Design uses anti-virus protection and all incoming emails / documents will be scanned. We reserve the right to delete any unsolicited attachments or mail which causes concern from an unrecognized sender or has no subject heading or contains no message.
23. The client is responsible for their own anti-virus protection.
24. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that all work submitted to Sofiasticated VA & Web Design is correct and legible. Any errors made by Sofiasticated VA & Web Design will be corrected free of charge.
25. Amendments other than those previously stated, will be charged at the appropriate hourly rate (either pay as you go or a discounted package rate).
26. Sofiasticated VA & Web Design cannot be held responsible for the end use or content of any document produced or edited by them.
27. All completed assignments, returned to the client, will leave the premises in perfect condition – we cannot accept liability for damage or loss caused by Royal Mail. In the unlikely and unfortunate event this should happen, we will do our best to chase any problem up with Royal Mail on your behalf.
28. All final proofreading of work remains the responsibility of the client.